The Pupil Premium Grant is additional funding given to schools and academies to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap/ diminish the difference between them and their peers;
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces or whom are ‘looked after’.
Schools and academies will receive funding based on the number of pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years (Ever 6).
Green Park Village Primary Academy:
- has a school-wide commitment to raise achievements for learners who are eligible for Pupil Premium and knows that, if underachieving, these learners must make faster progress than non-eligible learners and is determined to achieve this;
- never confuses eligible learners with low ability and strives to ‘bring out the best’ of all learners in the school;
- creates an overall package of support aimed to tackle the range of barriers (including attendance, behaviour and other potential external factors) by focussing on a holistic approach consisting of academic, pastoral and extended provision;
- directs resources and interventions to accelerate progress of eligible learners and close the attainment gap compared to their peers;
- uses a range of data/ information to carefully track the impact of targeted spending (interventions, projects or pedagogy) on attainment and progress of eligible learners;
- has, through its leaders, a clear overview of how funding is allocated and the difference it is making to the outcomes and experiences of learners;
- has a dedicated team of class teachers, phase leaders and subject leaders who know which learners are eligible for Pupil Premium so they can take responsibility for accelerating progress and accountability is shared across the school;
- is ambitious for all learners and closely monitors the school’s effectiveness in closing the gap/ diminishing the difference between different groups of learners.
Pupil Premium Strategy
GPVPA PP Strategy 2020 2021 v2 February 2021
GPVPA PP Strategy 2020 2021 v3 reviewed August 2021
GPVPA PP Strategy Pupil Premium – DFE Mandatory Template September 2021 nf
GPVPA PP Strategy Pupil Premium 2022 2023 – DFE Mandatory Template September 2021
Catch Up Funding
Replaced by Recovery Funding from September 2021- referenced in Pupil Premium Strategy
Catch Up Strategy Summary for GPVPA version 3
Catch Up Strategy Summary for GPVPA version 4 reviewed August 2021