Early Years: Reception
Our Reception classes are Jade and Emerald class.
Our school day is: 8.45-15.15. Gates open at 8.40.
We use Development Matters to support our planning in Early Years- more on our Early Years can be found here.
Here is the document, Development Matters, revised for September 2021:
We use a version of this put together by Early Years Leads across REAch2 and as a school team have carefully planned our own coverage across our long term overview document and our medium term planning.
The long term plan, our Curriculum Overview document, provides our own summary of learning in each curriculum area.
Here is our long term plan (yearly) for 2022/ 2023.
Here is our long term plan (yearly), revised for the new curriculum for 2021/ 2022.
Here is our medium term plan (termly) for Term 1 Autumn 1.
Here is our medium term plan (termly) for Term 1 Autumn 2.
Here is our medium term planning (termly overview) for Term 3 Spring 1
Here is our medium term planning (termly overview) for Term 4 Spring 2
Here is our medium term planning (termly overview) for Term 5 Summer 1
Here is our medium term planning (termly overview) for Term 6 Summer 2
This has been written to give some overview of the planned provision and is regularly reviewed by the Learning and Teaching Team to personalise to our children’s learning needs and interests.
Here is the Reception timetable:
Parent information- phonics:
We follow Little Wandle Letters and Sounds and core overviews and guidance is shared directly with parents.
Here is the link to Little Wandle’s Parent Guidance videos. These are useful to support understanding of the pronunciation we use when teaching phonics.
Reception Autumn 1 sounds- guidance
Reception Autumn 2 sounds- guidance
Reception Spring 1 sounds- guidance
Support for Tricky Words- Autumn- guidance
Support for Tricky Words- Spring- guidance
Support for Tricky Words- Summer- guidance
Parent information session- using Tapestry- our online journal
Tapestry- Tapestry Presentation
Parent information session- phonics
Little Wandle- 14/11/22
Parent information- handwriting:
Handwriting- letter formation
Here is our handwriting style for Early Years and entering into Key Stage 1:
Parent information- a video of our provision:
Please click here to view our video.
The NCETM detail the Main Areas of Early Years Maths. These are:
- Cardinality and Counting: understanding that the cardinal value of a number refers to the quantity, or ‘howmanyness’ of things it represents
- Comparison: understanding that comparing numbers involves knowing which numbers are worth more or less than each other
- Composition: understanding that one number can be made up from (composed from) two or more smaller numbers
- Pattern: looking for and finding patterns helps children notice and understand mathematical relationships
- Shape and Space: understanding what happens when shapes move, or combine with other shapes, helps develop wider mathematical thinking
- Measures: comparing different aspects such as length, weight and volume, as a preliminary to using units to compare later.
Alongside the NCETM guidance, we use the White Rose Maths Scheme to support on the teaching of the progression of skills in maths.
Here is what that progression of themes across the school year looks like: