Physical Education or PE holds high value in our school as part of acquiring positive attitudes and traits and in developing skills and competence.
Through the range of experiences (lessons, clubs and competitive opportunities) that our PE curriculum offers, our aim is for children to:
- develop a wide range of skills and the ability to use tactics, strategies and compositional ideas to perform successfully;
- think about what they are doing, analyse the situation and make decisions when they are performing;
- reflect on their own and others’ performances and find ways to improve upon them;
- develop the confidence to take part in different physical activities and learn about the value of healthy, active lifestyles;
- make informed choices about lifelong physical activity through discovering what they like to do, what their aptitudes are at school;
- develop personally and socially by working in PE as individuals, in groups and in teams;
- take on different roles and responsibilities, including leadership, coaching and officiating;
- learn how to be effective in competitive, creative and challenging situations.
Our aims are to:
- encourage a healthy and active lifestyle for all children;
- nurture sportpersonship in all aspects of competition;
- widen each child’s sporting experience and enjoyment;
- create a passion for active recreation and sport;
- assist children in reaching their physical potential in a variety of sporting environments.
We are fortunate to have purpose built facilities of a large sports hall and extensive grounds, including a MUGA and a 4G pitch. PE is taught as a discrete subject, in line with the expectations of the National Curriculum 2014.
Wider sports provision:
We work with a local sports company to deliver lunchtime and after school sports provision.